SON OF A FISH



Son of a fish, it's Friday! Love these fish. They are always a convo starter when anyone new comes to the house {another example of my adoration for installation art}. Again, I like creating pieces that are thought provoking.

I found these plaster fish at a thrift store, they looked so lonely sitting in the corner {no one wanted them, sad}. BUT as soon as I saw them, it was love at first sight. I talked the dealer down on price + asked where they came from. He relayed their story to me + explained how they use to hang from the ceiling in an old fishing + hunting shop. Made sense, since they were painted like lures straight from the 80's, metallic blue airbrush paint + all. They were about 4 ft. long each + I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. I have to say their makeover came out better than I thought {a little spray paint, painter's tape, + newspaper}. With 14 ft. ceilings + lots of wall space, they fit perfectly in our kitchen above our dinning table {such a good statement piece}.

Anywho, never disregard the weird large object sitting in the corner at a vintage/thrift/antique shop. Things can always be restored + reinvented into something beautiful.

As for Interiors Blogs my current favs are Design Sponge // Lonny // Rue. Enjoy, TGIF!

All photographs are taken with an iphone 4 + VSCOcam app.

No comments:

Post a Comment