SALUTE



A salute to Americans + Pop Art + Barq's Root Beer {I love all 3}. My obsession with Pop Art began when I was a 14 year old nerdy art girl in high school {it was like Warhol hit me upside the head with a ton of bricks}. I was in love + even would have died to be one of Litchenstein's girls frozen in a picture crying my eyes out. Ever since then I have had a bi polarness to me, a torn personality per say. I love traditional art {painting} BUT then go crazy for the non traditional art {pop art + bizarre installation art}. 

I created this installation art piece in my house against a section of wall in my hallway. I had collected these bottles + wanted to create a simple but thought provoking piece that people would stop + look at while walking through the house. I found it quite humorous that there was only one lonely blue bottle. Instantly after making this observation, I knew I wanted to create an abstraction of the American flag {a salute to our country}. After installing it with the help of my dear friend Joan, I knew it was just right, 3 simple rows of 8 {perfect}. Think Warhol's Soup Cans had any influence over me? 

I hope to start slowly sharing the pieces of my home that I have carefully put together, stay tuned!

All photographs are taken with an iphone 4 + VSCOcam app.

2 comments: