COLOR + PAINT + SILENCE



It's Friday {yaaaay, you say in a somewhat enthusiastic but slightly tired voice, since last night was halloween}. This week has been a whirlwind {what week isn't?}. One thing I have made sure I did is walk home from work {gasp, what?}. It's really not bad, takes about 20/25 minutes + is actually very relaxing. I call friends {or my mother} + catch up or just walk silently + take in the street sounds. Everytime I have walked home this week I see something different that I did not see the day before {it is quite refreshing}. Yesterday {on my mad dash home to finish my costume}, I saw this small door on the tin facade of a house. The color combo was breath taking. The light pink with a bright shade of sherbet pink + the little blue mailbox cover {my favorite part} is perfect. I love that this house facade could very well look run down + super sketchy from the material choices, BUT someone took the time to meticulously choose color + paint it {makes a world of difference, the power of paint people}. Anywho, when you are walking around New Orleans {or your own city}, walk silently + take time to notice the street {look + listen}. TGIF + WHO DAT!

All photographs are taken with an iphone 4 + VSCOcam app.

No comments:

Post a Comment