BLACK + GOLD PART II



Lately, I have been on a serious painting kick {like serious}. I'm an abstract painter and have been focusing on minimalistic texture and lines. There are 2 artists that I'm very inspired by at the moment {some of you may know them, some not} Mark Rothko + Cy Twombly. Both were incredibly brilliant abstract painters. I think their work is so beautifully simple + moving. 

Here is a sneak peek of one of my current pieces {this is only a clip, didn't want to spoil it}. I like creating intense contrast by using neutral colors. To carry on my excitement for the Saints football season, I thought this would {again} be appropriate. 

Lastly, I will be updating my portfolio site soon with my latest work {I'm very excited about it} I have so enjoyed my painting lately. SOOOO stay tuned, new work will be up next week {I'll post when it's up}. Happy Friday TGIF!!!!

All photographs are taken with an iphone 4 + VSCOcam app.

No comments:

Post a Comment