GREAT FRUIT



I don't do a ton of food posts, but when I do, it is usually about something that I absolutely love {so I just can't help myself + have to post}. I have been on a huge grapefruit kick lately. Something about the bitter, sweet, but tangy flavor just melts in your mouth. It also reminds me of my grandfather, who ate a half grapefruit every morning with his coffee. I remember him showing me how to get the juice out of each wedge space when the fruit was gone. He loved it, so of course I loved it. Now I usually do slices, because it is more time efficient + less work {but when I have the time I still will eat it that way I was taught}.

These grapefruits I got at the Hollygrove Farmer's Market. They are wonderful. I try to go + support the Hollygrove market whenever I can + I know I have the time to cook for the week. Some weeks are a little busy + the act of cooking + making my own meals just doesn't happen {I try, I really do}. BUT when I know I have the time I bee line it to Hollygrove + buy the box. Whatever is in the box I make work + look up recipes that use what I have bought. I usually feel really good the week I eat from the market {my stomach is all smiles}. The other thing I love about Hollygrove is they are open 7 days a week + open till 7pm on the weekdays {which is huge because I work till 5:30/6 so helpful}. They are also organic + local food. So go check it out {off Carrollton on Olive St.}. Happy Thursday {it's almost Friday, whoa where did the week go}.


All photographs are taken with an iphone 4 + VSCOcam app.

No comments:

Post a Comment