NEWEST MEMBER OF THE FAMILY



His name is Murrey {after his hunter}, and he presides over the area we call the living room. I have a small obsession with taxidermy animals {I just love the whole vintage/natural history museum thing}. I have been in search for him for awhile, and finally found him at The Royal Standard in Baton Rouge. He started his new life {on a mount} in 1970 and is from Devil's Swamp, Louisiana. I am honored he has come to live with us.

Now I know there are some out there that squirm at the thought + sight of taxidermy animals, and I sincerely apologize if this made you jump. I personally enjoy the beauty of these animals, and think that perserving them in this way is an art form. So try to think of it as a piece of art {hopefully that will lighten the blow}.

All photographs are taken with an iphone 4 + VSCOcam app.

No comments:

Post a Comment