BLOOMING SLEEPING GIANT



I really do love Succulent plants. Their colors, textures, + steadfastness {they are the sleeping giants of plants, maybe minus the giant part}. This Succulent I've had in my living room window for almost two + a half years. It has moved houses with me + has also moved around my current house from room to room. I did not realize till about 2 months ago that these plants indeed bloom! After two + half years, voila, here it is. Very delicate + beautiful. It has gotten very tall + outgrown it's little bonsai pot I have it in {time for a bigger home}. In the midst of it slowly growing taller, it has started to lean over the painting I have in the window. Seemed as though it took on the colors of the painting {I'm sure this is it's natural coloring, but I like to think that my painting influenced it}. So, if you have plant patience {which is hard sometimes to have} try out Succulents, move them around the house till they seem to find their happy spot. In New Orleans you can find these at Urban Roots // Harold's Plants // Lowes, bon Mardi.

All photographs are taken with an iphone 5s + VSCOcam app. All work is Copyright ©2014 Logan Ledford.

No comments:

Post a Comment